Am I still dreaming?! Have I actually seen Britney Spears with my own eyes? Yes, yes I have! Yesterday on Saturday August 11 2018 I saw my biggest idol live!
The alarm were set to ring at 6am. I was so tired and felt not to get up from bed but then I remembered “Britney Spears!” and wrooom I was up out of the bed.
My brother drove us to the train station an hour before the train left. 9.32am the train left to Gävle after that we took the bus 11.07am to Sandviken. When we arrived in Sandviken I was confused. I had never been to Sandviken and the arena so I asked two people who I thought were Swedish but they weren’t. So I asked on English and they said they were going there as well. F U N! We tagged along with them. I spoke with them about Britney etc (in common interest) and they told me they have seen her before but this time they were gonna meet her on meet and greet. I was not jealous… Ah who am I kidding? I was super jealous. Lol! We walked so we saw the arena but I remembered my brother told us to go eat before the concert (I was so pumped and excited about the concert I didn’t think of eating even though I must because of diabetes) so we all 4 went and ate. The two people we met, M and I. We got to know each other a bit more. They were from Milan and Paris. How cool isn’t that?! A person and a concert can bring fans from all over the world together?! I love it! When we had eaten me and M went to the queue to wait. The girl and the guy we met were meeting some friends of theirs. In line, the Swedish fan page of Britney Spears had created a system that I love! They wrote a number on each person’s hand and to my surprise when we got the numbers, we had a pretty low number! Number 30 and 31. Insane! It was not so many fans waiting there and the time was 12.30pm something. Everyone thought it was gonna be packed with people (I spoke with a few fans) but it was just 38 when we were there. It came 7 other after us.
Nothing special happened in the line / queue.
A short list of what happened :
* the staff were super rude * the staff who were gonna sell the merchandise was super rude as well. * I had to go to a building to charge my phone which felt it took forever.. One hour. And it was a fast charging cord. Pssh * went to look on the merch after they were done (they were super rude while packing up and me + a few more asked when they were gonna open. Before or after concert) and I almost fell on my ass. So expensive ~ I write that below *
T-shirt cost 350SEK ~ $38.64
Sweat pants cost 550SEK ~ $60.71
Hoodie cost 700SEK ~ $77.27
Backpack cost 600SEK ~ $66.23
3 pins cost 180SEK ~ $19.87
4 patches cost 280SEK ~ $30.91
Jeans jacket cost 1500SEK ~ $165.58
Poster cost 100SEK ~ $11.04
Cap cost 300SEK ~ $33.12
I love britney but I couldn’t buy anything.
I met an man in line who had bought early access package (that line were next to standing spot in concert place) and he celebrated his 40th birthday to see Britney live. Awesome dude! Anyway, in that package (plus vips etc) they got a goodiebag and I whispered to M “I wonder what’s in those bags” and the guy next to us took the box out from the bag and said it’s a bracelet and showed me. He asked if I wanted to have it! I was so surprised and said yes but asked over and over again “are you sure?” “you don’t have to give it away to me” etc but he said yes all the time. I was bummed that I couldn’t buy from the merch because of the prices and than this man changed my day! He also gave me the goodie bag! The second gift he had to keep so he could get access to the early access area but still.. He gave me his gift! I said thank you like a million time and I couldn’t stop smile! I was so happy I hugged him. He was uncomfortable with that so I apologized and explained why I was so happy for the gift. He laughed and said he understood the hug then. Lol.
In the concert area me and M noticed it was so small amount of people near the stage so we ran for it. Held hands and ran. I never run FYI but this made me run! We ended up on the 2/3rd row from the stage. So excited! Met three girls while waiting. Everyone had to sit down on the floor so the security guards could see and it was 2h before the concert started. Anyway, super sweet girls! We were all pumped and excited for the concert! We exchanged Instagram with each other to keep in touch and talk about all this that night.
Pitbull was on first. I dislike him but he was actually good live. So much energy and contact & had eye contact with the audience. Jumped around and really owned the stage! I love that! Good bass, right volume on the music. Just perfect!
Britney Spears came on after. One of the girls were hyped as me. Excited so we almost cried. When she was right infront of us, we screamed like crazy. Shaking so much I hold her hand and we were both shaking together. But it pretty much died out quickly. I love Britney but I’m kinda disappointed of the concert. It’s still the best night of my life (in concerts) but she looked so sad. So unhappy. Exhausted and forced. She didn’t look like she enjoyed having the show. All the smiles she had you all could tell was fake. Pretty much no energy, no eye contact or contact with the audience / the fans. Still a fan off her though!
Short list of what other things happened this day / night:
* a man came up and were causing trouble with M. The man hit one of my girls I met in the head
* security guards were like a hawk looking for him. We fans helped out to find him.
* the guy death treated an other guy
* I got so scared I almost started to cry. I couldn’t stop shaking
* Security guards came in the audience and caught this man. I said out loud “a big applaud for the security guards” and everyone around us were clapping.
* two girls passed out next to us. I remembered I had some pills / sugar candy thingy called Dextrosol. I gave the security guard that so he gave one to the girls each. #Hero
* a very tiny girl came and asked if she could stand infront of us because she didn’t see anything. OF COURSE! We all were tall and we all want everyone to have a chance to see Pitbull and Britney live. We told other girls to move a little so this girl could stand right at the gates around the stage but one of the girls were so super rude to this girl. Me and two of the girls were telling her wrong and told her to move! Pssh she ended up moving a bit so the tiny little girl could see one cm extra. GOD! Selfish person. “I’ve paid extra for these places” no honey, you have paid the same amount of money as everyone else who had floor tickets. That made us even more angry.
* no air in the room ~ many people were so dehydrated
* security guards were giving water to the fans non stop
I will post more photos etc in an other post. I’m still in shock. Lol